TEDxTinHau is excited to be bringing Countdown, a global initiative to champion and accelerate solutions to the climate crisis, to Hong Kong.
The ongoing health and economic crises are reminding us of an important fact: we’re all part of the same fragile system, dependent on nature and one another.
To make progress on climate action we need to collaborate on a global scale, and every community has an important role to play.
Join us on Saturday, October 17th 2020 at TEDxTinHau Countdown to identify the bold solutions that can be activated when people break out of their silos and rise to the challenge.
TEDxTinHau Countdown will feature incredible speakers sharing ideas that amplify and demonstrate climate action solutions, supported by community activities that bring some of these ideas to life in Hong Kong.
Countdown is focused on looking at five key areas – energy, transport, materials, food and nature. These areas are chosen as areas where action will have the biggest impact.
Together we can help meet the goal to build a better future by cutting greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2030 in the race to a zero-carbon world – a world that is safer, cleaner and fairer for everyone.
TEDxTinHau Countdown is part of the week of Countdown launch events taking place in cities, communities and businesses around the world. It is brought to you by the dedicated team that has previously hosted TEDxTinHauWomen.
Get involved, here’s how:
- Follow us on Facebook , Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to discover ideas and actions that will help to create a better, cleaner, cooler future
- Share your climate action stories and ideas on your favourite social media and tag your posts #JoinTheCountdown #CountdownHK
- Sign up for TEDxTinHau newsletter for the latest information on plans for 2020, including details of TEDxTinHau Countdown ticket and community activities (Check out our 2020 overview here )
- Want to organise a community activity, host a planet friendly lunch, or even become a TEDxTinHau Countdown satellite venue? Check out the TEDxTinHau community action flyer for more information and how to apply.
- Talk to us! If you’ve got other ideas to help to educate, invigorate and engage Hong Kong on climate action, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your health and safety is really important to us. All events and activities will follow the guidelines set at that time for social distancing and gathering in numbers limitations.